PwC - Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau
PwC in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau work together on a collaborative basis, subject to local applicable laws. Collectively, we have around 620 partners and a strength of over 15,000 people.
Providing organisations with the professional service they need, wherever they may be located. Our highly qualified, experienced professionals listen to different points of view to help organisations solve their business issues and identify and maximise the opportunities they seek. Our industry specialisation allows us to help co-create solutions with our clients for their sector of interest.
We are located in these cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing, Shenyang, Dalian, Xi'an, Chengdu, Qingdao, Nanjing, Suzhou, Wuhan, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Taipei, Chungli, Hsinchu, Kaohsiung, Taichung, Tainan, and Macau.
About Internal Firm Services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Our Internal Firm Services (IFS) is a network of specialist support professionals who play a vital role in ensuring we have all the right resources, services and technology. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents as part of IFS and as such are a part of an organisation on a par with many of our external clients.
Our teams in IFS include: Administration, Branded Merchandise, Business Development, Finance, Global PwC Experience, Global Technology Solutions, Human Resources, Marketing & Communications, Office of General Counsel, Research, and Senior Partner Office.
Manager (Thought Leadership/Research)-M&C-IFS
|Work exp||7 Years To 10 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Accounting / Audit / Taxation|
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Communications
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Market Research
PwC is looking for a manager to join its Thought Leadership/Research team. This team is responsible for conceptualizing and managing surveys and publications to position and promote the firm's points of view on key market issues. The candidate should have well-developed technical skills with a good understanding of survey methodologies, analytics and basic statistical tests. Experience with leading and managing a team and project management skills are essential.
The Thought Leadership/Research team also develops strategies for sharing these pieces across different channels (traditional and digital means) with clients, the market, and the PwC network. Therefore, an understanding of how to communicate insights via digital channels is essential.
Thought Leadership performs a vital role at various stages of business development, from creating brand awareness to raising consideration of PwC, getting engagement opportunities, and generating brand loyalty. It's an essential complement to the range of marketing and sales tools that include PR, advertising, and events. By its nature, Thought Leadership is meant to distinguish PwC from competitors and deliver high value to clients and PwC partners Leads the end-to-end development and delivery of major surveys that includes developing the appropriate sample framework, knowledge about survey methodologies and its application to develop appropriate sample size, data analysis skills in EXCEL or SPSS, oversight of survey fieldwork, , hypothesis and questionnaire development, developing metrics and indicators, experience with conducting basic statistical tests on indicators, experience with conducting interviews , production (video and print) and editing, database collation, data analysis, story-board drafting, development of editorial content, through to helping to develop go-to-market (marketing & communications) strategies
- Be the key contact on major global Thought Leadership and Research pieces, acting as liaison between global and local stakeholders
- Works with subject matter experts to develop insights and points of views on business issues
- Identifies opportunities in planning, management and transferring research findings and ideas into practice
- Invests in and builds strong relationships with partners, subject matter experts and thought leaders within and outside PwC; able to present research findings succinctly, both verbally and in written form (presentations) to different audiences/stakeholders
- Provides coaching to junior members of the team
- Master’s degree, preferably with a survey/research/business editorial background
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- Candidate must have expertise in analytics and writing ;
- Candidate must have a strong background in survey methodology, survey process, sampling and interpretation of survey data
- Ability to read and write in Simplified Chinese highly advantageous
- Analytical ability, problem solving, critical thinking skills necessary
- Ability to develop strategic marketing plans and to recognise and align marketing strategy with the external environment and priorities around the practice necessary
- Skills in PowerPoint and Word;
- Analytical skills in Excel/SPSS necessary
- Team player with the ability to work to deadlines
- Flexible individual with a can-do attitude