The Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP) at the National Institute of Education (Singapore) is looking for a Senior Research Scientist or a Principal Research Scientist to join our research efforts. The position is intended to support the advancement of interdisciplinary research in educational neuroscience, with a focus on furthering the scientific understanding of brain development in cognitive skills critical for education.
Principal/Senior Research Scientist in Educational Neuroscience
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (e.g., cognitive development, neuroscience, education, psychology);
- Experience in cutting edge neuroscience research, addressing challenges in education;
- A track record of publications in the field;
- Track record of external funding;
- Experience mentoring graduate students;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written English) and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead in a multi-cultural team environment.
The successful candidate is expected to apply for and conduct quality research on issues related to education. Candidates will also be expected to design, implement, evaluate and disseminate theory-driven interventions in real world settings; teach, mentor graduate students and junior colleagues; communicate sophisticated scientific research to audiences including key stakeholders in the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU). In addition, the candidate will be expected to participate in research of strategic importance to CRPP and work collaboratively to charge new directions for educational neuroscience research, contributing to some administrative service, teaching, and/or mentoring of students.
Applicants should complete and submit the following item/s:
- Application form for academic positions (Personal Particulars Form).
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position.
- A resume including a publication list, names of three referees and your desired starting date of employment.
- 1 to 3 of your best publications.
- Research statement indicating your research interests.
- Any other documents that demonstrate your qualifications.
Please indicate the position number (CRPP_Neuro_RS) in the e-mail subject heading and send your application to email@example.com
For enquiries on the position, interested applicants can contact Prof David Hung, Associate Dean/Education Research (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
Note to applicants:
- You will receive an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of your email application.
- We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
- By responding to this job advertisement, you are deemed to consent to NIE collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application.