Operation Smile is one of the oldest and largest volunteer-based organizations dedicated to improving the health and lives of children worldwide through access to surgical care. Since providing our first reconstructive surgery, we have helped over 30,000 children and young adults in China regain their smiles and self-confidence to lead healthy, normal lives. This year marks Operation Smile’s 25th anniversary in Greater China.
|Work exp||3 Years To 5 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Charity / NGO / Non-Profit Org|
Government / Social Service > Fund Raising
Marketing / Public Relations > Public Relation - Events Management
Marketing / Public Relations > Marketing - Brand / Product Management
We seek a qualified individual to organize and deliver high-impact fundraising events, promotional activities, and related initiatives, to enhance donations and awareness. This position will enhance our compact, cross-functional team in the Hong Kong office.
- Assist in the continuous development of the event and activity calendar
- Plan, manage and execute events, activities and initiatives from creative concept/idea development to event execution and post-event publicity, typically many in parallel
- Develop related content and collaterals for mass media, digital media and other platforms
- Collaborate with various stakeholders during planning, implementation, and after
- Establish and manage relationships with sponsors, venues, external service providers, etc.
- Deliver results on time, on budget and ensure fundraising/awareness targets are met
- Assist with activities for children and students of different levels when needed
- University degree, preferably in communications, marketing, public relations
- At least 3-5 years’ relevant experience with proven track record in above-the-line and below-the-line publicity and event management
- Previous experience in the NGO sector and fundraising events an advantage
- Good networking skills, especially with sponsors, media and wide range of stakeholders
- High proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Able to deliver initiatives and projects under pressure
- Motivated multi-tasker and independent self-starter, strong team player
- Limited travel to Mainland China, when needed