Friends of the Earth (HK), established in 1983 as a charitable organization, has a Vision in building a healthy and sustainable environment for all.
Project Officer – Tree Planting (1 Year Contract)
|Work exp||Minimum 3 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, English|
|Industry||Charity / NGO / Non-Profit Org|
Government / Social Service > Community Services / Non-profit Organisations
Government / Social Service > Project / Program Development
Science / Lab / Research > Environmental Science / Waste Management
To assist the manager in revamping Friends of the Earth (HK)’s signature tree planting project. Engage different stakeholders in promoting the importance of biodiversity in our Country Parks.
Main responsibilities of the post:
- Work with managers of different teams to enhance content and deliverables of our signature tree planting project aimed to enrich biodiversity of a selected site at our Country Park
- Assist the managers in on the development and implementation of tree planning project, including:
- Plan and organize site preparation, tree planting, weeding and maintenance works
- Plan and deliver a large scale tree planting event to be participated by corporate employees and general public
- Plan and deliver relevant engagement activities to complement the project objectives such as indoor and outdoor educational event, volunteering and monitoring works
- Promote, recruit and liaise with stakeholders and participants of the project
- Perform other ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree or above, major in ecology, environment, geography, or related subjects
- 3 years Event organization experience with track records especially for outdoor activities
- Knowledge of, and passionate about environmental protection movement
- Basic knowledge of nature trees and shrubs
- Willingness to work in outdoor, hilly terrain
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and cooperatively as part of a team.
- A creative thinker and a multi-tasker
- Strong sense of responsibility, mature and positive mind-set with can-do spirit, strong sense of commitment and ownership.
Candidate with less or more experience would be considered as Assistant Project Officer or Senior Project Officer respectively
Applicants please send your CV with your present and expected salary, along with available date via firstname.lastname@example.org.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.)