Teacher of Physical Education (Maternity Cover from 6th January to 17th March 2017)
|Work exp||Minimum 2 Years|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Education / Training > Teacher - Primary / Secondary
Education / Training > Tutor / Teaching Assistant
Education / Training > Childcare
We seek to employ a highly professional teacher with the ability and commitment to teach Physical Education effectively across the age range in our all-through school to provide maternity cover for the period 6th January to 17th March 2017. The School has its own salary scale and the remuneration for this post would reflect the successful candidate’s experience.
Duties and responsibilities
Specifically, the expected duties and responsibilities of this post include:
1. Responsibility for high standards of teaching and learning in Physical Education, including:
- High expectations of students in every aspect of their work and an intolerance of mediocrity.
- Following departmental schemes of work effectively.
- Managing curriculum delivery and associated resources in a manner that challenges and interests students and is appropriate to their needs and skill-levels.
- Using effective methods of assessment to enhance learning.
- Fostering a spirit of academic enquiry among students.
- Providing high quality written and verbal reports to parents.
- Setting high standards of discipline.
- Taking due note of students with learning, medical, social or other difficulties and providing appropriate support for them in their learning.
- Liaising with the Individual Needs Coordinator regarding students who may need additional support.
2. A contribution to operation of the Physical EducationDepartment, including:
- Working collaboratively in the on-going review of teaching programmes, methods and approaches.
- Being actively involved in the teaching observation programme, providing and receiving constructive feedback as appropriate.
- Undertaking administrative tasks as designated by the Director of Sport, thereby contributing to a sense of teamwork and aiding professional development.
- Undertaking coaching of School sports teams as designated by the Director of Sport.
Suitable candidates will have:
- The ability and commitment to be excellent teachers of Physical Education, usually with a minimum of three years’ teaching experience.
- A genuine interest in their academic subject and a strong commitment to high academic standards.
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of children.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent administrative, organisational, and ICT skills.
- The ability to inspire others and lead by example, role modelling the School’s vision Leadership for a Better World in relationships with students, other teachers and parents.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All adults in the School community are expected to follow its Child Protection procedures.
All applicants should have in place the right to work in Hong Kong.
The application form can be downloaded from http://www.harrowschool.hk/career.aspx. Interested candidates please send a full resume with current and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the job title and the reference code "HISHK/TPEMC/201609" in the subject of your email. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used strictly for recruitment purpose only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.