VOCATIONAL TRAINING COUNCIL
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
VTC is a vocational and professional education and training provider established in Hong Kong in 1982. With some 250,000 students across our 13 member institutions, this not only makes us VIBRANT but VITAL to the Hong Kong educational landscape. We provide a spectrum of opportunities through multiple pathways for graduates to determine their own destination, whether it is employment or further studies. If you believe that the provision of a valued choice for learners to acquire the values, skills and knowledge for lifelong learning and enhanced employability is a worthy mission, then consider joining us.
Pro-Act Training and Development Centre (Electrical)
|Work exp||Minimum 1 Year|
|Education||Diploma / Certificate|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Engineering > Electrical / Electronic Engineering
Construction / Property > Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
Education / Training > Teacher - Tertiary / Vocational
(a) To perform teaching duties in the areas of Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering / Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, including supervision of students’ projects / fieldwork;
(b) To assist in carrying out workshop training;
(c) To carry out duties in relation to student and academic administration;
(d) To assist in the maintenance and development of programme curriculum, teaching materials and facilities; and
(e) To participate in campus / centre projects and functions, including but not limited to enrollment, student competitions and exhibitions.
(a) A Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering or equivalent;
(b) At least one year’s relevant experience in either one of the areas mentioned in (a) of major duties;
(c) Good communication skills and proficiency in English and Chinese; and
(d) A good team player with the ability to work independently and under pressure.
(1) The appointment will be up to 31 August 2017. The appointee may be appointed as Instructor if he / she meets the necessary requirements during the appointment period.
(2) The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours and in designated places as assigned.
(3) The appointee is subject to posting to different campuses (Kwai Chung and Pokfulam) to suit the Council's operational needs.
(4) In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
(5) Applicants who have responded to the advertisement in the last 6 months need not re-apply.