Dear sleepy office workers,
Photo source: Felix Wong/SCMP
250 ml skimmed milk
150 ml fresh cream
30 g sugar
3 tsp gelatine
8 tsp water
1. Place tofu into blender.
2. mix gelatin with water and melt over hot water
3. Boil milk, fresh cream and sugar with medium heat.
4. Place tofu into a bowl. Mix part of the warm milk and stir well. Then add the remaining milk.
5. Add gelatin water into tofu mixture, use a sifter to filter the mixture and make it smooth.
6. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Photo source: Edward Wong/SCMP
Ginger milk curd (ginger-juice milk curd)
250 ml skimmed milk /pure milk
18g fresh ginger juice (old ginger)
20 g sugar
1. Peel the ginger skin off. Grate ginger and produce as much ginger juice as possible. Let the white sediment in ginger juice sink. Pour out the extra amount of ginger juice and leave around 18g ginger juice in bowl.
2. Heat milk with sugar until it is around 80- 85 degree Celsius.
3. Give the ginger juice a good stir and pour milk immediately from above.
4. Cover the bowl with a plate for around 10 minutes. Done!
Photo source: Oliver Tsang/SCMP
Walnut Balls with Dessicated coconut
½ cup skinned walnuts (crushed)
½ dried pineapples (diced)
2 cups dessicated coconut
½ cup syrup
1 tbsp fried white sesame
1. Mix crushed walnuts, dried pineapple dices, white sesame and 1 cup of dessicated coconut. Stir with syrup. Divide into small portions and shape into balls.
2. Roll walnut balls into the other cup of dessicated coconut. Chill in refrigerator. Serve.
Sweet potato Muffins
Ingredients: (for 6 muffins)
1 cups all-purpose flour/ whole wheat flour
2 tsps baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp grated nutmeg
½ cup and 1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 cups peeled, shredded sweet potatoes
¼ tsp ground allspice
¼ cup raisins
½ cup walnuts
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree Celsius.
2. Whisk together brown sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs in a small bowl.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, spices, salt and grated sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Make a well in the center, pour in the egg mixture.
4. Stir the egg mixture; gradually mix with the flour mixture. Stir in raisins and walnuts
5. Spoon the batter into the tins. Bake for 25 -30 minutes. Take the muffin out of the oven and remove them carefully.
Dark chocolate banana ice-lolly
1 Banana dark chocolate
1. Melt dark chocolate over water and become chocolate syrup. Cut banana into several sections. Use ice-lolly stick to stable them.
2. Roll banana into the chocolate syrup, add some nuts on it.
3. Refrigerate for an hour or more. Serve.
Photo source: Stanley Shin/SCMP
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup non-fat milk
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1. Place the blueberries, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat, stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. When the berry mixture has cooled down to room temperature, transfer to a blender and puree until soft.
3. Combine the yogurt and milk in a large bowl and whisk together until smooth. Gently fold in the blueberry puree and mix them completely.
4. Pour the mixture into a container /metal pan and freeze for about 45 minutes.
5. Remove pan from freezer and use a fort to stir the icy bits from the edges and mix with the softer center until completely smooth. Place in the freezer for another 30 minutes. Repeat this process every 30 minutes for up to 2 hours.
6. Store in an airtight container and freeze until ready to use. Add extra blueberries if you want.
Matcha Red Bean Custard
50g red beans
2 tbsps gelatin
4 tbsps corn flour
½ cup milk
1 ½ coconut milk
½ cup water
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp gelatin
3 tbsps sugar
1 tsp green tea powder
1. Soak red beans in water overnight. Cook beans in boiling water for 10 minutes. Rinse and boil in water again until tender.
2. Put gelatin and water in a bowl. Set the bowl over hot water until the gelatin completely dissolves. After that, mix corn flour with sugar.
3. Mix milk, coconut milk and salt with corn flour and sugar (step 3). Cook over low heat, stir constantly until it thickens. Stir gelatin liquid in. Add cooked red beans. Put into molds (rectangular or any other shape) and leave to set.
4. Boil 1 ¼ cups of water. Put the mixed top layer ingredients in and stir until gelatin dissolves completely. Pour the mixture on the top of the red bean custard. Let it cool and refrigerate until set. Cut into pieces before serving.
Photo source: K. Y. Cheng/SCMP
Lemon and dessicated coconut biscuits
1 cup self-raising flour
4 oz low fat margarine
½ brown sugar
½ cup dessicated coconut
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius. Sieve self-raising flour.
2. Mix margarine and sugar. Fold in egg. Mix well.
3. Stir in self-raising flour, dessicated coconut, grated lemon rind and lemon juice. Shape into balls and flatten. Put on greased oven tray. Put into oven. Bake for about 25 minutes until cakes turn light brown. Serve.
Photo source: May Tse/SCMP
200 g pumpkins
1 egg yolk
1 and ½ cup milk
4 tablespoon sugar
2 and ½ table spoon corn flour
1 and ½ teaspoon gelatin
1. Peel and dice the pumpkin. Steam over water on high heat until soft. Mash it while it is hot.
2. Combine egg yolk, sugar, corn flour, gelatin and milk in another bowl. Heat with low heat for 5 minutes.
3. When the mixture is ready, add the mashed pumpkin. Remove from heat
4. Transfer the pumpkin mixture into small cups. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Photo source: Jonathan Wong/SCMP
Tapioca papaya boat
Ingredients: (serves 2)
½ Cup tapioca pearls
½ cup strawberries
1. Soak the tapioca pearls in about 1 cup of water for about two hours.
2. Boil another cup of water in a medium pot and add the tapioca pearls into it when it is boiled. Immediately turn the heat down to low. Stir the tapioca continuously until the pearls are cooked. Turn off the heat and cover the pot for about 10 minutes. Refrigerate them.
3. Slice papaya in half in a horizontal way. Spoon out seeds and create a small well.
4. Fill each side with the cooked tapioca, fruits. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with a pinch of nuts or seeds if desired.
Try them out and make your weekends more relaxing and enjoyable!
Photo source: Dustin Shum/SCMP